👨🍳 Prep time: 7 minutes | 🕑 Total time: 17 minutes | 🍴 1 serving
Not a fan of veggies? Need a way to entice your taste buds? No worries! We have the perfect, veggie-packed, gluten-free pizza just for you! Don’t forget to stop at your local farmer’s market or grocery store to pick up some fresh veggies.
For the month of May, we’re bringing you a Vegetable Topped Pizza, complete with fresh veggies and our Evansville-based ZeroCarb Pizza Crust. That’s right—no frozen veggies here!
NOTE: This ZeroCarb recipe is a not a vegan or vegetarian recipe due to our crusts containing chicken.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 ZeroCarb Pizza Crust
- 2 oz red pizza sauce (bonus points if it's gluten free)
- 1.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1.5 oz diced red onion
- 1.5 oz diced green bell pepper
- 1.5 oz diced colored peppers
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
First, thaw your protein-based ZeroCarb Pizza Crust for 5-10 minutes. Don’t forget to preheat your oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit while your crust thaws. When your diabetic-friendly pizza crust has thawed enough to separate, lift the film to remove it from the rest of the pack. Be sure to place the remaining crusts back in the freezer immediately.
For a crispier crust, bake for about 5 minutes prior to adding your favorite keto-friendly pizza toppings. After pre-baking, grab your red pizza sauce and spread evenly over the crust. Then add half the amount of mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce. If you're on the keto diet, you'll be glad to know that mozzarella is one of the many low-carb, high-fat cheese options that are available!
After you have sprinkled on the cheese, place the tomatoes, red onion, and peppers around the pizza. Add the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top and place the pizza in the oven for about 8 minutes, or until the cheese turns golden brown.
Take your ZeroCarb pizza out of the oven and enjoy a slice of delicious, veggie-packed pizza-heaven!
- Thaw your ZeroCarb Pizza Crust for 5-10 minutes while you preheat your oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Separate the top crust and place the remaining crusts back in the freezer.
- (OPTIONAL) Place naked crust in the oven for 5-7 minutes for a crispier crust.
- Dice up a tomato, red onion, green bell pepper, and colored peppers to measurements.
- Spread pizza sauce over your zero-carb alternative pizza crust until even.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce. Then, add all the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the other ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese on top of the veggies, and place pizza in oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese turns golden brown.
- Remove pizza from oven and let sit for 2-3 minutes before enjoying.