Mushroom Pesto Pizza
by Zero Carb on Nov 15, 2022
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we wanted to share a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional Thanksgiving food. If you want to stay on track with your diet, indulge in this nutritious Mushroom Pesto Pizza!
- 1 ZC crust
- 1.3 oz your favorite pesto sauce
- 2.5 oz whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 8 cloves of roasted garlic
First, grab your ZeroCarb Pizza Crust pack out of the freezer and let thaw for 5-10 minutes while the oven preheats to 450°F-500°F. Once the crusts have thawed enough to separate them, gently sliding your hand under the top piece of paper to separate the crust on top. (Don’t forget to place the remaining crusts back in the freezer.) If you desire a crispier crust, after the oven has preheated, place the bare pizza crust onto parchment paper and into the oven for approximately six minutes, or until the edges begin to crisp. Remove crust from the oven.
After removing your naked pizza crust from the oven, let cool for 3-5 minutes. Add pesto to the crust and evenly sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese. Next, top your pizza with sliced mushrooms and roasted garlic. Place your pizza back into the oven for 6-8 minutes, or until the cheese turns golden brown. Once done, remove it from the oven and top with parmesan cheese. Let your pizza cool for 3-5 minutes and then dig in!
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes | Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Thaw your ZeroCarb Pizza Crust while preheating the oven to 450°F-500°F. Be sure to let the crusts thaw slightly before separating. Pull from the paper to separate. Optional crispier crust: place crust on a pizza pan or parchment paper for 6 minutes, or until the crust begins to get golden brown around the edges. Then remove from the oven.
- Add pesto to the crust, then evenly sprinkle on mozzarella cheese. Top with mushrooms and roasted garlic.
- Place the pizza on a parchment paper and place it inside the oven for 6-8 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown.
- Remove pizza from oven and add shaved parmesan cheese.
- Let sit 3-5 minutes to cool and enjoy.