Tasty Holiday Recipe Alternative for Gluten-Free or No Sugar Diet
by John Pena on Dec 21, 2021
The holiday season is here, which means family gatherings, gifts for your loved ones, and tremendous amounts of holiday foods. We know how hard holiday meals can be for those that are on a gluten-free or sugar-free diet, so this Christmas season we wanted to gift you with a deliciously unique and keto friendly turkey pizza that will leave every member of your family satisfied.
Ingredients:- 1 ZeroCarb LYFE 8” pizza crust
- 3 oz shredded turkey
- 3 oz mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz mashed potatoes
- 1 oz chopped green onions
- 1 oz garlic butter sauce
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
First, be sure to grab your ZeroCarb pizza crust out of the freezer and let it thaw, while at the same time, preheating the oven to 450°F. Once the oven is preheated, place your untopped pizza crust in the oven for approximately 6 minutes or until the crust begins to crisp if you would like a crispier crust.
Then, take your ZeroCarb crust out of the oven and brush it with garlic butter and sprinkle black pepper on top to add a touch of flavor. Next, spread half the mozzarella cheese evenly over the crust and top with shredded turkey. Place small balls of mashed potatoes on top of the shredded turkey. When finished, add the remaining mozzarella cheese to the pizza. Place your pizza onto a pizza pan or parchment paper and place it in the oven for 6-7 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
Pull the pizza out of the oven and top with chopped green onions. Let cool for 2-3 minutes, or until desired temperature and enjoy your homemade holiday pizza! If you’d like to add a little more flavor, drizzle cranberry mayo on top or pour some on the side and have fun dipping your pizza.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 6-10 minutes
- Thaw your ZeroCarb LYFE Pizza Crust while preheating the oven to 450°F. Remember to let the crusts thaw slightly before separating the crusts, and pull from the paper to separate. (For a crispier crust, place crust on pizza pan or parchment paper for 6 minutes or until crust begins to crisp. Then remove from oven for the next steps.
- Grab your crust and brush with garlic butter. Then, sprinkle with cracked black pepper.
- Add 1.5 ounces of mozzarella cheese to the pizza. Top cheese with shredded turkey.
- Place small balls of mashed potatoes on top of the shredded turkey and add the remaining amount of cheese.
- Place pizza on pizza pan or parchment paper and place in the oven for 6-7 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.
- When pizza is finished, remove from oven, and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Optional: drizzle cranberry mayo on top or squeeze some on the side and dip your pizza for a more flavorful experience.