With just five ingredients, this eggplant pizza ZeroCarb recipe is quick, simple, and delicious! Whether you make it for an easy dinner or a quick lunch, this super simple recipe is perfect for everyone! Check out the details below.
👨🍳 Prep time: 25-30 minutes | 🕑 Total time: 35-40 minutes | 🍴 1 serving
- - 1 ZeroCarb Pizza Crust
- - 4 slices of eggplant (cut to about ¾ inches thick)
- - 2 oz of mozzarella cheese
- - 1 oz garlic sauce
- - 1.5 oz salsa
First, grab your ZeroCarb Pizza Crust from the freezer to thaw. If your crusts are frozen together, we suggest thawing the entire pack until the crusts are easy to separate. Once you’re able to remove a single crust, don’t forget to throw the rest back in the freezer! Next, preheat your oven to 375° F. If your eggplant hasn’t been sliced, proceed to do this now, making sure each slice is around ¾ inches thick. For this recipe, you’ll only need four slices, but be sure to save the rest for a healthy, gluten-free snack later!
Spray the four slices of eggplant with olive oil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, bump your temperature up to 450 for the crust. For a crispier ZeroCarb crust, we suggest pre-baking the crust for 5-8 minutes.
Now the fun part—start building your pizza! Use a brush to paint the crust with garlic sauce, and then add half of the mozzarella cheese evenly around the entire crust. Don't worry, mozzarella cheese is perfectly fine for the keto diet! Place your roasted eggplant slices on top of the pizza, and then add the remaining mozzarella. That’s it!
Bake your pizza for 8-10 minutes at 450° F or until the cheese is golden brown. Take your gluten-free pizza out of the oven and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Top with salsa and enjoy!
BONUS salsa recipe:
- - 2 cloves of garlic
- - 1/2 jalapeño
- - 1 Roma tomato
- - 2 tbsp white vinegar
- - 1 tsp sea salt or regular salt
- - 1 tsp cumin
In a blender, combine all the ingredients to create this delicious keto-friendly salsa. Place on top of your pizza and enjoy!
Prep Time: 25-30 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
1. Thaw your ZeroCarb Pizza Crust while you prepare your eggplant. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Spray or brush the 4 slices of eggplant with olive oil and bake for 10-15 minutes.
3. (Optional) For a crispier crust, bump up the temperature to 450° F and place the naked crust in oven for 5-8 minutes.
4. After pre-baking, brush the pizza with the garlic sauce and add 1 oz of mozzarella cheese.
5. Top with the roasted eggplant slices and add the remaining mozzarella cheese.
6. Place pizza in oven for 8-10 minutes at 450° F or until cheese turns golden brown.
7. Remove pizza from oven and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Top with salsa before enjoying.