With fall just around the corner, the ZeroCarb LYFE team was inspired by this keto-friendly community recipe that captures the season. What's better in the fall than a warm, caramelized onions and mushroom pizza!? This ZeroCarb pizza is the perfect gluten-free comfort food for a chilly fall day.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 ZeroCarb Pizza Crust
- 1 onion sliced julienne
- 6 small portabella mushrooms, halved
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
To begin, you'll need your ZeroCarb Crust Pack. (If you don't have a ZeroCarb Crust Pack, be sure to order one here!) Remove your crust pack from the freezer and let it defrost while the oven preheats to 450° F.
In a medium-sized pan, add the butter, onions, mushrooms, and garlic—some of our favorite keto ingredients! Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste, and mix well. Then, cook the mixture over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to mix in the salt and pepper. Do you like a crispier pizza crust? If the answer is YES, then don't forget to pre-bake your ZeroCarb Pizza Crust in the oven for 5-8 minutes before applying any of your favorite diabetic-friendly pizza toppings.
Once the stovetop mixture is finished cooking, remove the pan from heat and turn off your stove. Using a serving spoon, add the mixture on top of the crust and spread evenly.
Top with mozzarella cheese and place your ZeroCarb pizza in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese starts to brown. Pull the pizza out of the oven and enjoy your warm and delicious caramelized onion and mushroom pizza!
Prep Time: 30-40 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
1. Thaw one ZeroCarb Pizza Crust for approximately 5-10 minutes while you preheat your oven to 450° F.
2. In a medium-sized pan, add butter, onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, adding in salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
3. (Optional) For a crispier crust, place the naked crust in oven for 5-8 minutes.
4. Spread onions, mushroom, and garlic mixture on ZeroCarb crust and top with mozzarella cheese.
5. Cook in oven for 8-10 minutes at 450° F or until cheese turns golden brown.
6. Remove pizza from oven and let sit for 2-3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!