If you follow a diet plan for medical or personal reasons, you know that checking food labels often comes at the top of your priority list when grocery shopping. For many, however, sacrificing flavor when choosing foods that fit within their diet is not an option—and it shouldn't have to be! If you’re one of these people, you might look for alternatives to foods like pizza. For example, you might seek out low-carb or gluten free options for your pizza crust. But you don’t want just any gluten free pizza crust. You want the best gluten free pizza crust out there. The one with the most nutrition AND the most flavor.
Knowing the common base ingredients for gluten free pizza crusts is a good place to start when choosing the right one for you. Let’s take a closer look at some of them.
What Is Gluten Free Pizza Crust Made Of?
Gluten free pizza can be made from several different bases, such as:
• Grains/Starches: Gluten-free flour made from grain and starches works well if you want a pizza crust with a similar texture and appearance to regular pizza crust. However, they tend to be a bit higher in calories and glycemic index. To make stretchy gluten free pizza dough, this type of crust usually requires a binding agent and fillers, such as xanthan gum or tapioca starch. Common gluten-free grains and starches used to make crusts include:
• Legumes: Pizza crust made from legumes has a more similar texture to regular crust than vegetable-based pizza crusts do, but less so than those made of gluten free grains or starches. They tend to have lots of nutrients and a good amount of carbohydrates. Some examples of legumes used in pizza crust include:
• Nuts: For those without nut allergies, nut-based pizza crust is a flavorful, protein-packed gluten free option. With that being said, this type of pizza crust also includes a lot of calories. Pizza crusts made of nuts most often contain almonds as the base.
• Vegetables: Pizza crusts made with vegetables have lots of nutrients but may end up on the mushier, less flavorful side. This gluten free option is typically easy to find at the grocery store. Some common vegetables you’ll find in pizza crust form include:
• Chicken: Pizza crusts made with chicken as the main ingredient are packed full of protein and flavor. Plus, it has a similar texture and appearance to regular pizza crust. With ZeroCarb LYFE, you can expect chicken-based crust made from no dairy, no sugar, and no carbs, for a gluten free, dairy free pizza dough alternative. Plus, our gluten free pizza dough has no xanthan gum or other fillers.
Is Gluten Free Pizza Crust Healthy?
Just because a pizza crust is gluten free doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s healthy. To determine how healthy it truly is, check out the ingredients and nutritional information on the package. You’ll also want to make sure that you don’t sacrifice flavor for nutrition. After all, eating isn’t just about fueling your body. It’s also about the experience and memories that come along with it.
Let’s take a look at the nutritional information that many people look at when choosing the right gluten free pizza crust option for them: carbs, proteins, and calories.
Whole wheat crust: 53 grams
Gluten free crust: 60 grams
Cauliflower crust: 32 grams
ZeroCarb LYFE crust: 0 grams
Whole wheat crust: 12 grams
Gluten free crust: 7 grams
Cauliflower crust: 11 grams
ZeroCarb LYFE crust: 37 grams
Whole wheat crust: 300
Gluten free crust: 303
Cauliflower crust: 216
ZeroCarb LYFE crust: 210
So, if you’ve wondered, Is gluten free pizza crust lower carb?, the answer is not always. In fact, it may also have less protein and more calories in some cases. And while gluten free cauliflower pizza crust has the nutrition that regular pizza crust lacks, it cannot usually compete with its flavor. When it comes down to combining nutritional value with flavor, ZeroCarb LYFE has other gluten free pizza crusts beat.
Best Premade Gluten Free Pizza Crust: ZeroCarb LYFE
If you want a healthier gluten free pizza crust that you’ll also enjoy the taste of, buy pizza crusts from ZeroCarb LYFE. Our crusts are made of four ingredients:
• Chicken breast
• Olive oil
We don’t include any preservatives, binders, or fillers in our dough. So whether Loving Yourself ForEver means you are health conscious or want to enjoy all the delicious foods you can (or a combination of both), our pizza crust will help you do just that. Plus, if you are within the continental U.S., you can expect your order to be delivered within 2-9 days of the day you order.
Are you ready to start making pizzas with healthy, flavorful gluten free pizza crusts? Then order today.